Junior Dairy Show
Monday, August 8TH - 1:00
Superintendent - Dale Collette, Lanny Love
Now open to Out-of-State Exhibitors!
REGISTERED DAIRY CATTLE
I - GUERNSEY
II - JERSEY
III - HOLSTEIN
No bedding will be
Please refer to General Rules and Regulations for
show eligibility rules.
All cattle must be pre-entered.
All exhibitors must purchase exhibitors
Fees - All entries $5.00 per tie space.
Exhibitors tickets - $7.00.
Animals must be in place by 10:00 p.m. August
11th, and will be released after judging is over unless to be shown in open
A member may enter one (1) animal in any one
A member may show no more than four (4) animals
per breed, not bred by exhibitor, in the show.
All premium money available will be used, and
individual prize money will depend on the number of animals shown. Animals
will not be grouped, but will all be considered in one group for the purpose
of allocating the premiums. All animals deemed worthy by the Judge will
receive a blue participants ribbon. Group money paid will not exceed $17.00.
The five highest placings in each class will receive the following
additional premiums: 1st - $7; 2nd - $6; 3rd - $5, 4th - $4; 5th - $3.
Championship trophies sponsored by Dairy
Farmers of America.
LITTLE BRITCHES CONTEST
Monday, August 8TH - Noon
Classes open to children unable
to exhibit animal unassisted.
Calves need not be registered
but must be a purebred dairy animal.
Calves need not be owned by
children exhibiting them; however, each exhibitor should make his own
arrangements for a calf.
All entries will receive a
A trophy will be provided for
Showmanship Class will be at the conclusion of the
Junior Dairy Show. This class is for people who have exhibited in individual
class. Exhibitors must own the animal shown.
Trophies are sponsored by:
Peewee Showmanship - Not in 4th Grade as of 1/1/2016
R & R Implement Sales -
Explorer - 4th Grade as of 1/1/2016
Junior Showmanship - Grades 5 and 6 as of 1/1/2016.
Greene Farmers Co-Op
Junior High Showmanship - Grades 7 and 8 as 1/1/2016.
Greene County Farm Bureau
Senior I Showmanship - Grades 9 and 10 as of 1/1/2016.
Broyles Feed Store
Senior II Showmanship - Grades 11 and 12 as of 1/1/2016.
1. Junior Heifer Calves - Born Mar. 1, 2016 or later and at least 4
months old at show time.
2. Intermediate Heifer Calves - Born Dec. 1, 2015 - Feb. 28, 2016.
3. Senior Heifer Calves - Born Sept. 1 - Nov. 30, 2015.
4. Summer Heifer Calves - Born June 1 - Aug. 31, 2015.
5. Junior Yearling Heifers - Born Mar. 1 - May 31, 2015.
6. Intermediate Yearling Heifers - Born Dec. 1, 2014 - Feb. 28, 2015.
7. Senior Yearling Heifers - Born Sept. 1 - Nov. 30, 2014.
8. Junior Champion - (Lots 1-7).
9. Reserve Junior Champion (Lots 1-7).
10. Best Breed by Heifer.
11. Senior Yearling Heifer in Milk - Born after Sep 1, 2014.
12. Junior Two Year Old Cows - Born Mar. 1 - Aug. 31, 2014.
13. Senior Two Year Old Cows - Born Sept. 1, 2013 - Feb. 28, 2014.
14. Three Year Old Cows - Born Sept. 1, 2012 - Aug. 31, 2013.
15. Four Year Old Cows - Born Sept. 1, 2011 - Aug. 31, 2012.
16. Aged Cows, 5 years old and over - Born before Sept. 1, 2011.
17. Senior Champion (Lots 10-15).
18. Reserve Senior Champion (Lots 10-15).
19. Grand Champion.
20. Reserve Grand Champion.
21. Best Bred by Cow